Frozen Concoction Maker
Frozen Concoction Maker FAQs
- Before starting the Cleaning & Maintenance process, the machine should be unplugged, sitting on a dry & clean surface, and the Ice Reservoir and Blending Jar should both be removed.
- Press the button located behind the Ice Chute. If the button cannot be pressed, rotate the Shaving Paddle for a half turn and retry.
- While pressing the button, rotate the Shaving Paddle counter-clockwise (to the left) by placing your fingers in the ridges of the Shaving Paddle to turn. This will expose the Ice Hopper and Shaving Blade.
- Important Note: If the button is not working properly, do not try to force the Shaving Paddle free. Make sure that you're pressing the button firmly and continuously when attempting to turn the Shaving Paddle.
- When you want to re-assemble the Shaving Paddle later, simply replace it into the threaded insert and rotate clockwise. Only hand tighten it onto the machine. Follow the remaining steps in the Instruction Manual to dismantle the rest of the machine for cleaning and maintenance.
With the Fiji, you can make the following drink varieties:
On page 6 of the instruction manual, there are some recipes of each drink variety that you may try out. Enjoy your frozen drink.
With the Tahiti, you can make the following drink varieties:
- Piña Coladas
On page 6 of the instruction manual, there are some recipes of each drink variety that you may try out. Also, there are more delicious recipes on the Tips & How To's page of this web site.
- Picnics and other outdoor events
- Motor home
Yes. To make other frozen drinks, first add the ingredients and blend manually. After ingredients are well blended then run the preprogrammed cycle as usual. For example - Making a smoothie
- First manually blend the fruits in the blending jar.
- When the fruits are done, run the preprogrammed cycle.
* Do not put hands in the ice reservoir. Shaving blade is extremely sharp.
Some suggestions for improving the quality of your drinks:
- If the drinks in your Margaritaville® Frozen Concoction Maker® seem to be too watery, simply add more shaved ice by holding the toggle switch in the "Shave Only" for the desired amount of shaved ice. Then, blend it by holding the switch in the "Blend Only" position.
- Another option is to make sure that you are using the correct drink setting, 1, 2, or 3 drinks. That will adjust the amount of ice that shaved into the pitcher.
- Important Note: The unit will produce a smaller amount of ice if the ice is too hard (right from the freezer) versus soft ice that has been sitting out for 10-20 minutes. For best results the ice should be allowed to sit for 10-20 minutes before placing into the hopper.
If your blending jar is leaking, check the following:
- Is the sealing ring over the blade?
- Is the threaded bottom cap on tight enough?
- Is the jar cracked?
- Is the sealing ring missing?
- Is the sealing ring cracked, broken or rotting?
- Does the item being blended exceed jar capacity?