The Best Cocktails for Before and After Thanksgiving Dinner
- Parrothead Party Life
Just because everyone focuses on the food every Thanksgiving, it doesn't mean that drinks don't matter. This holiday is a great chance to share a drink or two with family and friends. It's also a fun time to try out new seasonal recipes. Here are a few of our picks for drinks to enjoy before dinner is served and after everyone is done eating.
Appetizers, Food Prep and Cocktail Hour
Many hosts are happy to give their guests some fun cocktails because it will distract from a later-than-planned dinner time. Others simply enjoy the chance to catch up with loved ones over something fun and delicious. Try one of these pre-dinner cocktails this year:
- Frozen Cider Dark and Stormy - Use your frozen concoction maker to whip up this bold and effervescent cocktail that will delight your guests. Start as you were mixing a standard dark and stormy - ginger beer, dark rum, lime juice - then add a splash of apple liqueur and hearty dose of apple cider to finish it off. Your machine will do the rest. It's a great mix between a fall and tropical cocktail.
- Cranberry Sour - People may think of cranberries as tart, but you can introduce them to this delicious sour version. Add cranberry juice, a little extra whiskey and fresh cranberries to your standard whiskey sour recipe. It's sure to impress. Try it in your frozen concoction maker for something truly unique.
- Frozen Fall Sangria - Sangria is a standard pre-dinner cocktail. This Thanksgiving, make an American autumn twist on this old Spanish favorite. Use fall favorites, including cranberries, apple and maybe even pumpkin beer.
Dessert, Football and Sleepiness
After you feast on the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and other delicious foods that make Thanksgiving America's favorite holiday each year, it's a good chance to enjoy a late night cocktail. Make one of these post-dinner drinks this year:
- Sparkling Wine Floats - Just like that classic kids' favorite of the root beer float, this adult version combines a tasty drink with an even tastier frozen complement. Just mix some sparkling wine with fresh fruit and a sorbet of your choice.
- Frozen Chocolate Dessert - Mix chocolate liqueur, vodka, creme de cacao and your favorite real cocoa along with a splash of milk in your frozen concoction maker. Blend until smooth and serve with whipped cream. It's a boozy sundae in a glass that will cap your Thanksgiving.
Your fellow Parrotheads at Margaritaville® Cargo remind you to enjoy your frozen concoctions responsibly and obey all drinking laws.