How To Make the Perfect Peppermint Margarita
It's that time of the year again: Holiday season. From November through January everyone is in the spirit and into creative cocktails. This year, try your hand at a festive (and delicious) frozen peppermint margarita.
Make Your Own Peppermint Margarita
Peppermint is a seasonal favorite for everything from lattes to candy canes. Enjoy this unique and bold taste your own way with a peppermint-flavored margarita by mixing this trendy taste with a classic cocktail. Here's what you need to get started:
- 6 ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces citrus liqueur
- 4.5 ounces lime juice
- 1.5 ounces lemon juice
- 2 splashes grenadine
- 3 ounces peppermint schnapps
- Candy Canes
- Whipped cream
- Your Margaritaville® Frozen Concoction Maker®.
Once your margarita machine is ready to go, begin by loading the ice reservoir to the fill line. Next pour tequila, liqueur, lime juice, lemon juice, schnapps and grenadine into your blender jar. Place the blender jar in the correct area and slip the switch to shave ice and blend. Watch as your drink is concocted.
Pour this frozen drink into margarita glasses and top with whipped cream. Garnish with crushed candy cane chunks on top of the whipped cream and place a candy cane on the side of the glass. The only thing cooler than this cocktail is the way you'll feel drinking it. Enjoy with friends!
Other Fun Peppermint Cocktails You Can Blend
The peppermint margarita is far from the only mint drink you can make at home. If you love the peppermint margarita, why not try one of these delicious drinks in your frozen concoction maker too?
- Peppermint Coffee Milkshake - Start by making your standard coffee liqueur and Irish creme frozen cocktail with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. Then just add peppermint schnapps in the place of vodka.
- Minty Eggnog - What's more seasonal than an eggnog cocktail? Pepper eggnog, that's what. Start by mixing a frozen eggnog cocktail with brandy, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add a splash of peppermint liqueur or schnapps along with crushed candy cane for good measure.
- Frozen Fruit and Mint - Peppermint doesn't just go with chocolately, creamy flavors. Try mixing peppermint schnapps with some vodka, citrus juice, tropical juice and melon liqueur for a fun, tropical frozen concoction.
Your fellow Parrotheads at Margaritaville® Cargo remind you to enjoy your frozen concoctions responsibly and obey all drinking laws.