Clean your burr mill before using it for the first time. Then, to ensure optimal mill function and durability, clean it regularly following these simple steps.
- Always unplug your burr mill after use and before cleaning.
- Open the hopper lid. Empty any whole beans from the hopper. Remove the top burr mill by rotating it clockwise. For better results hold the grind setting button while rotating the burr mill clockwise. This will allow you to clean the grinding wheel and the grinding compartment.
- Clean the interior recesses with a soft brush. Note: Never use water or liquid for cleaning the lower grinding section of this appliance. BRUSH NOT INCLUDED.
- Wipe the whole bean hopper, its lid and the mill exterior with a damp cloth.
- The ground coffee chamber and lid can be washed in mild detergent and water. They both are top rack dishwasher safe. Do not immerse the mill or the whole bean hopper in water or any other liquid or place in dishwasher. Use only non-abrasive cleaners to remove stains.
- After completely drying the whole bean hopper and top burr mill, replace the burr mill in position by aligning snaps with receptacle and rotating counterclockwise to lock it in position. For better results, hold the grind setting button while rotating the burr mill counterclockwise. Once the burr mill is in position, pull gently to check it is properly locked in position. If the burr mill comes out, repeat this step again.
- Replace the ground coffee chamber and lid, making sure both snap securely into place.
- Fill the hopper with whole beans.