Try This Unique Thanksgiving Smoothie Recipe
Each Thanksgiving many Americans get together with their friends and family to celebrate their country with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and plenty of sweet desserts. Why not add a new seasonal treat to the mix with the Thanksgiving Smoothie? This frozen concoction is a delicious and festive way to celebrate the fall with a little help from your party machine.
What you'll need
- 3 ounces vanilla-flavored vodka
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 ounces nonfat milk
- 3 ounces sweetened, condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cinnamon
Start making cocktails!
This recipe makes three 12-ounce Thanksgiving Smoothies. Feel free to a repeat it a few times once the whole crowd realizes they want one of these delicious beverages.
Pour the vodka, pumpkin puree, nonfat milk, condensed milk and maple syrup into your Frozen Concoction Maker®'s glass jar. Next, load up the ice reservoir to the "max fill" line. Activate the machine and simply watch as it does the rest. Once it's your desired consistency, pour into three glasses and sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg on the top. Alternatively, you can mix these spices in with the other ingredients before blending.
Give it a fun garnish
The Thanksgiving Smoothie is all about festivity, so keep up the theme by serving it with an over-the-top seasonal garnish. Try one of these November garnishes to impress your guests before they ever take that first sip.
- Pumpkin wedge - A pumpkin cocktail deserves a slice of this famous fall gourd to go along with it. Whether you have a small, sugar pumpkin lying around for baking or just for the drinks, cut it like you would a pineapple garnish and stick it to the glass.
- Cinnamon stick - If your guests want a seasonal stirrer, use a cinnamon stick. This is a simple, inexpensive way to show a little extra effort and improve the look of your drinks.
- Skewered cranberries - If you prefer using a more traditional stirrer, consider skewering a few whole cranberries on it. Have the cranberries stick out of the top for a cocktail that has all the seasonal tastes - cranberry, pumpkin, cinnamon and maple.
- Apple slice - Incorporate another fall favorite by adding a simple apple wedge to the edge of a glass, as you would a lime or lemon.
- A turkey - Don't use the meat as a garnish, but a small paper turkey cartoon or a cute figurine can make a fun decoration for your drink.
Not every place is as carefree as Margaritaville® Cargo, so please enjoy your cocktails responsibly and follow all drinking laws.