Try This Delicious Pumpkin Mudslide Recipe
Pumpkin flavoring takes over nearly every type of food in the fall, from lattes to snack foods. Take advantage of the trend by incorporating this unique flavor into a tasty frozen concoction of your own. Try a pumpkin mudslide recipe with your frozen drink maker to give your friends and family a festive cocktail option at your next get-together.
What You'll Need:
- Coffee liqueur
- Irish cream liqueur
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Pumpkin pie liqueur
- Chocolate syrup
- Whole milk
- Your Margaritaville Cargo® party machine
Pour 3 ounces of vodka, 3 ounces of Irish cream and 3 ounces of coffee liqueur into your party machine's blender jar. Add in about 1 ounce of pumpkin pie liqueur, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning, 12 ounces of pumpkin puree and 2 cups whole milk. Place the blender jar in its position, fill the ice reservoir and blend until you have a cold pumpkin cocktail.
Before you pour the drink into a glass, coat the inside with chocolate syrup for a fun, sweet accent taste. Top the drink with a pinch of cinnamon to complete the fall flavor. Then take a sip and enjoy. Many people top their mudslides with whipped cream, but you can skip this option and use seasonal pumpkin garnishes that your guests will love.
There are plenty of variations on the pumpkin mudslide. Some people forgo the ice in favor of ice cream - just replace the milk and ice with 3 cups of ice cream and blend it in your party machine.
Other Pumpkin Cocktails
Many bartenders and drink experts have created their own recipes for how to involve the pumpkin flavor in cocktails. Here are a few you may want to try at home.
- Great Pumpkin - Serious Eats mixed pumpkin ale, rye, apple brandy and maple syrup in this drink for a fall-filled beverage you can garnish with nutmeg.
- Bourbon Shake - Similar to the mudslide, this creamy creation from Yummly is an ice cream-packed milkshake with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and bourbon.
- Pumpkin Martini - All you need for this simple cocktail is vodka, cream liqueur, pumpkin puree and whipped cream, Cosmopolitan magazine explained. It's a good option to use up your mudslide leftovers.
- Smashing Pumpkin - Garden and Gun magazine published this in-depth fall drink recipe that requires a pumpkin reduction. After you simmer pumpkin, cinnamon, anise, cloves, sugar and other ingredients for the reduction, you just mix in bourbon and bitters for a seasonal cocktail.
Remember to enjoy your beverages responsibly and follow all drinking laws - and don't forget to look out for your fellow Parrotheads too.